Natural gas is a colorless, odorless substance that many Erlanger and Northern Kentucky homeowners choose as their primary energy source to fuel their homes. Gas is a popular choice as it is generally safe and very cost effective, however it does not come without its drawbacks, which is the risk of gas leaks.
Luckily, you have a trusted local team on your side to provide you with the needed gas leak services you need if you ever suspect a gas leak in your home. Arlinghaus Heating & Air Conditioning offers fast, accurate gas line detection and repair services to keep area homeowners and their familes safe in the instance of a gas leak. We’re standing by around the clock to help make sure your gas appliances are working as they should.
Save money on your next service - just download the corresponding coupon and be sure to mention it when you call.
Telltale Signs of a Gas Leak
Some plumbing issues can be tough to spot, but gas leaks usually give it away pretty easily. Here are a few signs which indicate you’re dealing with a gas leak and should call for immediate assistance.
- Hissing sounds - if you start to hear hissing or roaring sounds near the gas line, that’s a sure sign something is wrong and you should call for help.
- Rotten egg smell- While gas is colorless and odorless, gas companies put a sulfur smell in it to make it easy to detect.
- Dying grass - If you notice patches of brown grass in your yard, that could be an immediate indication you have a gas leak on your hands.
- Unexplained headaches or nausea - If you’re experiencing unexplained headaches, nausea, or passing out this could indicate a gas leak in your home.
What to Do When You Suspect a Gas Leak
If you suspect a gas leak in your home, you should act fast because gas is a toxic fume that should not be taken lightly.
- Call the gas company and have them shut off the main gas line.
- Call a gas line company you trust, like Arlinghaus Heating & Air Conditioning.
- Turn off all gas appliances.
- Open windows and doors to air out your home.
- Evacuate your home.
- Do not attempt to start your car.
Gas leaks are very serious and can not taking action immediately could directly impact the health and safety of you and your family. If you think there may be a leak in your gas line, be sure to call a trusted local gas line detection and repair company immediately.