Your home’s HVAC unit is an investment. Just like a car, it requires regular maintenance and upkeep to ensure the unit will continue to be capable of keeping you and your family comfortable all year long.
But what happens when something isn’t working? You call a technician to come inspect the problem and after they take a look at it, they tell you significant repairs are needed or worse — your unit needs to be replaced. Before potentially paying hundreds, or even thousands of dollars, consider the benefits of a free second opinion:
Gain a better understanding of the first estimate – If the original company that inspected your unit did not provide you with a clear explanation of what they found, it can be hard to fully understand your options. Having someone provide a second opinion can help you understand the complexities of the situation and identify other solutions.
Repair vs. replace – Sometimes, Arlinghaus technicians will perform a free second opinion inspection and find that the work quoted in the original estimate will not, in fact, solve the problem long-term. Instead, it’s often an expensive, temporary fix that could cost you more money over time, especially if you have an older unit. Many people believe there’s a clear separation between when your unit needs to be repaired or replaced with an energy-efficient HVAC system, but that’s not always the case. There are other, less obvious reasons you may consider replacing a unit in lieu of a repair. If your unit is more than ten years old, it’s very likely that the unit is less efficient than newer models. This can cost you money in other places, like your energy bills.
Customized options – Our team of skilled technicians do more than just inspect your unit. For example, we like to learn more about how much time you spend at home, if any of the residents are infants, elderly, or suffer from asthma and allergies, what a typical energy bill looks like for your family, and more. This allows us to provide you with customized options and price points that meet your family’s unique needs and budget.
Increase confidence in your decision — If you’re like most homeowners and only understand the basics about HVAC units, paying for an expensive repair or replacement can sometimes lead to buyer’s remorse. Did you get an accurate diagnosis? Was there a better solution you weren’t aware of? Could you have scored a better deal? Will this solution last long enough to prove its value? These thoughts can keep you up at night if you’re not 100% confident in your decision. Getting a free second opinion, or multiple opinions, can give you peace of mind that you made the right choice.
When to Get a Second Opinion
Is a second opinion always necessary? Maybe not always, but we believe in the better safe than sorry philosophy. Watch out for these telltale signs that you should absolutely get a second opinion from another HVAC company before you commission any repairs.
- You get offered a deal that’s simply too good to be true. This is usually a sign that the HVAC contractor is either using low-quality parts and products or will flood you with hidden costs once the job is done.
- You’re working with an unlicensed HVAC contractor. Although they may have good intentions, unlicensed HVAC contractors may be lacking the skills and experience necessary to provide you with an accurate diagnosis.
- You get pressured into paying for services ahead of time. This is a red flag that the HVAC contractor does not have your best interests in mind.
- You get offered one-day-only special pricing and discount. You’ll never know whether this is a sales tactic or an honest discount if you don’t do your due diligence and double-check with another company.
- The HVAC contractor doesn’t provide a “no hidden costs” quote. Anyone who is unwilling to guarantee no hidden costs will probably try to trick you into paying more. However, don’t confuse hidden costs with problems that may arise once the repairs get started.
How to Choose Between Two Opinions
Once you take the initiative and obtain a second opinion, you may be left thinking, “Now what?” How do you evaluate which estimate is the best estimate? Consider this.
Your comfort, safety, and satisfaction are our top priorities, which is why we make it easy to get a FREE second opinion with one of the best HVAC companies in Erlanger, KY, and the surrounding areas. All you have to do is provide a written proposal or estimate from another HVAC company to an Arlinghaus field technician. That’s it — it’s that easy!
At the end of the day, our goal is to empower you to make the best choice for your current and future situation. Investing money in a system that you’ll need to replace in a year does not yield long-term economic or home comfort benefits.
At Arlinghaus, we strive to provide you with the peace of mind you deserve by offering free second opinions, 24-hour emergency HVAC services, and more to keep your home a “happy house.” Read more about what else makes us stand out from others in our industry and give us a call today to schedule your free second opinion inspection as well as AC and heating system services.